Marshall Banana

Default Evinrude '84-75 HP- Change Water Pump

Also Sprach Mickey :
I just changed the one in my 1986 100hp Commercial and screwed it up big
time. Johnson just made it too easy, simply pull a hitch pin and push the
shifter linkage in to disengage the linkage from the lower units shifter
rod. If you do it my way you'll break the plastic bushing/keeper which is
avalible but a pain to replace. Like my dad the mulewright says anyone can
own a hammer the key is knowing where to knock or no.

I just changed the pump in my 15hp kicker today. The driveshaft was
frozen in the crank, and I had to pull the powerhead off to get to a good
place to grip the driveshaft and press it off. Let this be a lesson,
change that impeller regularly, and make sure to lube everything prior to
reassembly. I just changed the impeller last year, but it looks like I
forgot to lube the splines on the driveshaft

Dan

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers
exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
(HHGTG)