Default Speaking of high fuel prices,

"Bryan" wrote in message
.com...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Bryan" wrote in message
.net...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I heard rumor (I can't confirm, nor deny) that gas is going to hit
$4.
bucks per gal. by august.

Not only will that hurt (as in stab) the economy, but my boating
will
be pretty well done. for a while......

CRAP!

You know how to fix the problem. Right?

concerning boating, yeah, convert to steam. or a sail. concerning the
economy? buy oil co. stock....

In the news, when you hear that a barrel of oil's gone up in price,
they always follow that statement with a reason. Do you remember what
that reason is? To keep this thread less cluttered, the reason is not
supply & demand.

Supply and demand.
Investment speculation that oil will be scarce in the near future due to
destabilization of the Middle East.

Your first idea, supply & demand, will *always* be a factor. Your second
reason is the one you could've done something about, and may still be
able to.

Too cryptic for me. I don't understand. You're expecting too much of my
intellectual abilities.

OK: There has been instability in the Middle East since I was old enough to
really digest the news. Let's call it 1967. The first major jump in oil
prices in my memory was around 1971. Since then, there've been numerous
hiccups, usually corresponding to the latest spat between Israel and
whomever. Sometimes, the jitters are related to something real, like a
hurricane. But, the most frequent jitters have come within the last 5 years
or so, during the Iraq invasion. Even if everyone put down their guns
tomorrow and we left, President Cheney has created a level of instability
which will not fade away for quite some time. You want to see more price
stability? Vote for people who know how to fight an enemy like adults,
instead of like children hypnotized by a video game.