Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default Speaking of high fuel prices,

wrote:

I suppose I'm really making a much a do about nothing. Boating isn't
going to break us, but then again, it's getting more expensive for us
all the time.

As it is for us all.

IMO, it's a matter of discretionary dollars and priorities. Nobody
should ever consider taking up boating if it means that the kids won't
get a college education or that there won't be money to take care of
aging parents or provide for personal retirement.

Again IMO, once the "must do's" are handled and the money left over
gets apportioned to
"want to do's", some people will spend a very high percentage on
boating while others may spend only a few of the discretionary dollars
on boating while prioritizing golf, international travel, or collecting
things like antique cars instead.