Mickey

Default Evinrude '84-75 HP- Change Water Pump

I just changed the one in my 1986 100hp Commercial and screwed it up big
time. Johnson just made it too easy, simply pull a hitch pin and push the
shifter linkage in to disengage the linkage from the lower units shifter
rod. If you do it my way you'll break the plastic bushing/keeper which is
avalible but a pain to replace. Like my dad the mulewright says anyone can
own a hammer the key is knowing where to knock or no.

The carbs go back on tomorrow and I'll finally see if this thing will run

Mick
wrote in message
Hi all.
I need help in changing the water pump in the lower unit. When I try to
separate the lower unit, the shift rod hangs up.
All help appreciated.
George