Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Speaking of high fuel prices,

" JimH" jimhUNDERSCOREosudad@yahooDOTcom wrote in message
. ..

"Bryan" wrote in message
.net...

"Mr Wizzard" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
ups.com...

Mr Wizzard wrote:

Seriously, most of us are driving 4, and 6 cylinder
3, and 4L engines, and not doing it everyday, so
its _not_ really hurting us like you may think it is.

But Semi Trucks don't and they struggle to get better than 6 mpg. Not
counting all the fiberglass, plastic, and that you wouldn't imagine
being made out of petroleum.

it all leads to prices going up in every comodity.

" Huh " ?
...The guy was talking about "what to do about his boating"...

The price of gas is on my mind every time I fill my car or my boat these
days.

Not me. There is nothing you can do about it. I burn around 2.5
gallons/hour. So a couple of hours running the boat now costs me about
$16. If prices double I will be out an whole extra $16. Big deal.

The more I have to tighten my belt due to the rising cost of goods and
services due to the rising cost of fuel, the more I consider the
affordability of taking my boat out for a spin. Each of us has our own
breaking point.

You also have a small boat so start looking at it in real numbers rather
than letting it ruin your day.

It is the folks with the big boats who are taking the hit.

I'm with you on that, Jim. I was trying to express the idea that it's not
just the cost of boating that will cause some people to feel the negative
pressures of rising fuel prices on their luxury hobby, small boat or large.
The bottom line is that the overall cost of living will cause financial
stress of varying magnitudes for each of us and for some it will affect
their boating.