posted to rec.boats.building
t t is offline

Default Weed Eater Conversion

They have all sorts of sizes of thrust washer bearings at my local farmer
parts stores, I dunno if I should go with a teflon thrust washer or metal
type roller bearing washer. I will continue my search, as I am sure there
must be some sort of kit, if not I will surely post what I did and used. I
know about the noise issue of course, this will be my last worry, as I just
want this motor to get me up a backwoods stream about 30 miles, if the drive
snaps or anything like that I don't mind as long as I most of the way up the
stream, coming back is the easy part where I will be using this!

"platapus03" wrote in message

"Brian D" wrote in message

Others have done it. Have you tried a web search? I saw pix and video
somewhere...

Someone
else mentioned that these short-stroke little weedeater motors run high
speed but don't have torque for running a boat around the water... just
enough to cut the weeds with a string.

Very true. And what will you do for a 'thrust bearing'?