Harry Krause

Default Glorious Chesapeake Bay Day!

John H wrote:

Left Deale at 8:00, headed across Herring Bay to 30' and started dropping the
lures in the water. Oldfart and Gimp were along to provide instructions,
companionship, expertise, and luck. Within 15 minutes of dropping the lines in
the water a rod bent and the line started singing. They let me bring the fish
in, a nice 35"er on a white, small umbrella rig, fished deep. The skunk was off
for the day.

About two hours later, still in Herring bay, the same thing happened. This time
Gimp, who just had two knees replaced, bravely took the rod and pulled in
another 35"er. This fish also hit the white umbrella, running deep.

It took about another two hours for the third hit, and Oldfart tugged in a 34"er
that filled our limit for the day. This one took a white parachute, again down
pretty deep.

You could do better than that off the fishing pier at Point Lookout.
Leetle Feesh. And dragging those 'chutes again. Try a half-ounce jighead
with an XXX sandworm down at the rips. No heavy metal, and when you
catch a fish, you catch a fish; you're not dragging in what seems like
10 pounds of heavy metal.

Even better...stripers on a fly rod.