[email protected] TomButlerJr@gmail.com is offline

Default Electrical question

Hi,

I was just given a boat, and I haven't spent much time around them. It
needs work, so I hope to learn as I go. My question is this, when I
plug the boat into the power on the dock, should everything on the boat
work (outlets, radio, etc) or just certain items?

Is there usually a switch that also needs to be turned on when plugging
in? Does the key need to be in the ignition like on a car?

After plugging it in, nothing seemed to work. When I put new batteries
in, lights and radio worked (didn't check outlets at this time).

I know that the cord from the dock to the boat was fine.

Thanks.