Backyard Renegade

Default Boating/Yacht Club Flag Size?

(basskisser) wrote in message . com...
Ken wrote in message . ..
On 22 Apr 2004 15:42:47 GMT,
(Gould 0738) wrote:
Traditional formula for the US National flag
is L = 1/4 height of pole.
Will you be flying your burgee underneath a US flag? In that case, it should be
scaled so the casual observer will be aware that it is at least "one size"
smaller

Thank you for that helpful info.

Can you venture a guesstimate of average club flagpole height? 30 ft?
40 ft?

(I need to order the flags ASAP and don't have time to go around with
a sextant and surveyor's tape!)

You can use some simple triangulation to get a close estimate of the
flagpole height.

How about just running the end of a ball of string up the pole, mark
it at the ground, bring it down, and measure it off...
Scotty, I don't need no stinkin' geometry...