Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Depth Finder Doesn't Work

"frank1492" wrote in message
The boat is a Grady White 1988 Seafarer 22' and has a thru-hull
transducer. The project is a little on the back burner right now
but I will surely check the connections at the display first. Willl
also try disconnecting the cable altogether although that probably
won't tell me much.
Thank you both for your help. I will keep you posted.
FrankI

The reason I mentioned the connector is because a friend's boat was
exhibiting the same symptom - reading a constant and shallow depth. He
routinely unplugged and stored the display unit when he was not using the
boat. One of the pins in the display unit had been pushed back to where it
no longer made contact with the connector plug. Pulled it out gently with a
pair of needle-nosed pliers and all was fine.

Eisboch