posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Joe's Miles Until He Sleeps....

..... Or about twice as many miles as you manage.

Let's imagine that you go sailing **every** day from May to
September.

Donal, is that the NEW math?
It really wouldn't matter if we sailed on a pond. We still sailed (for
example) our C&C 32 an average of 3 days per week. Most of the daysails
lasted 5 hours. So let's be conservative at say that we sailed under
100 miles per week. That would still come out to more than 2000 miles
in a single summer if we never cruised at all...which we did.
Joe took seven years for that.
Now, Joe has a big heavy steel motorsailor, but according to him it's
much faster than your 33.7 or my 35s5, so there's no reason for it to
be sitting at the dock.

Still waiting for Joe's response on this. 2K miles in 7 years. Doesn't
seem possible to sail so little.

RB
35s5
NY