posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Joe's Miles Until He Sleeps....

Capt. Rob wrote:
The CPT is buildt like a tank, I've never had a problem yet with over
2K miles and in some big weather.

2000 miles since 1999??? That works out to aproximately 340 miles per
year...about a month of sailing for us if we just do short daysails!!!!
Joe's big, faster than a Swan 67 motorsailor has only sailed 340 miles
per year for 7 years plus!!!
SEVEN years with the wrong boat and those few miles prove it beyond any
doubt. He's got a houseboat that takes short sails on VERY few days per
year. Or maybe he's had a couple of longer cruises mixed with some
short ones....but let's be honest...very little sailing indeed.That's
also not many miles to really know your boat.
It should be interesting to see how Joe responds to this. It's his own
statement and I'm only repeating it. 2K miles in 7 years and he claims
he's got the right boat. He needs 7 years to outfit her...and shows no
sign of leaving for anywhere.
Finally...how much of that 2K miles were under power. In spite of his
silly claims we all know he's got a sea snail that is often in
desperate need of the engine.

Well....?

If you had a auto pilot, how much time would you use it?
All the time, half, quarter maybe. Yeah I got 2K miles on the auto
pilot.
When you pulling your boat out for the winter?

Joe

RB
35s5
NY