JohnH JohnH is offline

Default Heads up, Harry...

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:15:41 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Read this. You'll love his sense of humor.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...399/al_gore_30

http://newsbusters.org/node/6231

I found other things in the article much more interesting than global
warming.

The right, of course, is *dedicated* to the status quo for all sorts of
reasons, including the inability to admit error, the possibility that we
might want to and have to redirect and change some of our habits, and, of
course, because it has its collective head stuck up George Bush's ass or
in the sand.

That's all there is to it.

Never mind. Here's some major fuel for future comedy. First, a bit of
history:

"The only thing I know about Slovakia is what I learned first-hand from your
foreign minister, who came to Texas."-To a Slovak journalist as quoted by
Knight Ridder News Service, June 22, 1999. Bush's meeting was with Janez
Drnovsek, the prime minister of Slovenia.

Now, from today's NYT:

Polish President to Appoint His Twin as Prime Minister
BERLIN, July 9 - Already weakened by coalition squabbles and disagreements
with the European Union, President Lech Kaczynski of Poland announced over
the weekend that on Monday he would appoint his twin brother and longtime
political partner, Jaroslaw, to succeed Prime Minister Kazimierz
Marcinkiewicz, according to the Polish news agency PAP.

If only we could arrange to have a microphone hidden in his lapel when he
first meets these two guys together! But, the photo op afterward might be
equally precious. "My momma makes a mean jaroslaw, and she won't give us the
recipe..."

I love Polish names. When I lived in Detroit, there were lots of Poles
in the labor movement and I was always adding their names to various
mailing lists. American names are so damned bland.

I always wanted a "recording" of the Dalai Lama's thoughts when he met
with Bush.

Was he thinking..."crickets...the man has crickets in his skull..."

So what will you replace the D70 with? You're not going for a D200 are you?
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John