[email protected] inspect3_iah@yahoo.com is offline

Default Idle

basskisser wrote:
wrote:
Sorry about asking these silly questions but I have a 1996 130 evinrude
that seems to be idling too hi, I have lowered the idle to around 800
rpm and it seem to do well when its out of the water but when I put it
in the water and crank it up it will run for about 5 minutes then die.
What is the correct rpm idle for this engine? (In the water or out of
the water) Thanks for your help. And I wanted to thank you for helping
me find out the year of my motor, your a life saver.

Did you set the idle in the water or out?

I set it out of the water at around 800rpms then put it in the water
and it ran find but after it warmed up it died. I them set the rpms up
wile in the water and ran it for the rest of the day. When I went to
flush out the motor it sounded like it was going to take off and
relized that I was running 3500rpm so I shut it down. What rpms shoud I
be running out of the water? What about rpms in the water? I guess you
can tell I don't know much about motors but I'm trying.