posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Depth Finder Stops Working

frank1492 wrote in
:

It seems stuck at 2 or 2.1 feet. I checked the paddle wheel
before launch, removed the barnacles, and it spun freely.
Any ideas as to where the trouble might lie?
Thanks in advance!
Frank

Well, Frank, I see they've all had their little fun, so let's see if we can
find the depth sounder transducer. You've already cleaned the speed wheel
on the log....

The depth transducer is different on different kinds of boats. Tell us
what kind of boat you have, what brand/model of depth sounder it is so we
can identify (correctly this time) the transducer and trace out the
cables...which is probably the problem....

If you have barnacles on your hull, there may be an incrustation on the
surface of the depth transducer under the boat and that may be the problem.
Had the hull scrubbed lately?