Jim Jim is offline

Default Golf Cart batteries / What I have learned

Larry wrote:

Jim wrote in news:ANErg.4757$ye3.3213
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

The old battery boiler charger is going in the trash.

Darn....Where do you live? I might try to get it! The 40A heavy duty
charger in my stepvan that charges the house batteries from my Honda 3KW
inverter-genset is the original OEM charger from my friend's Amel Sharki
French ketch. It's one of the finest battery chargers I ever had, but you
must regulate it manually through its 3 steps...low, medium and bigtime...
(c;

That old charger is a great battery charger IF you take the time to TIME
its charging. It's just a rotten float charger for a boat.....

The one under my desk rarely drops off past 20A, charging the 1930's
vintage Edison Nickel-Iron-Potassium Hydroxide telephone cells under the
house. That's the "house house batteries" here in hurricane country.

POWER is REALLY our friend when the powerlines all lay in the street!

The old charger is a "Professional Mariner" Newpro 20 (20 amp, three
battery bank, hard wired charger). I believe the used boat parts places
are full of them. They are old technology.

Where are you located? You can have it if you wish. Probably would cost
$10 or so to ship it UPS.

You'll have to wait until I pull it out in a couple of weeks. I ordered
my new charger on line last night. I'm not doing anything until the new
charger arrives.