Larry Larry is offline

Default Golf Cart batteries / What I have learned

Jim wrote in news:ANErg.4757$ye3.3213
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

The old battery boiler charger is going in the trash.

Darn....Where do you live? I might try to get it! The 40A heavy duty
charger in my stepvan that charges the house batteries from my Honda 3KW
inverter-genset is the original OEM charger from my friend's Amel Sharki
French ketch. It's one of the finest battery chargers I ever had, but you
must regulate it manually through its 3 steps...low, medium and bigtime...
(c;

That old charger is a great battery charger IF you take the time to TIME
its charging. It's just a rotten float charger for a boat.....

The one under my desk rarely drops off past 20A, charging the 1930's
vintage Edison Nickel-Iron-Potassium Hydroxide telephone cells under the
house. That's the "house house batteries" here in hurricane country.

POWER is REALLY our friend when the powerlines all lay in the street!