posted to rec.boats.electronics
CAINE CAINE is offline

Default Minn Kota model 85a trolling motor specs needed

Larry wrote:
"CAINE" wrote in news:1152277267.967287.224420
@s53g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

85 lbs. output thrust ?

My MinnKota 35 is only 17 pounds of thrust. Same number inflation as
outboard motors. An Evinrude 35 isn't 35hp either...(c;

The thrust should be printed on the power control head. It is on every
MinnKota I've seen....

Don't run it out of the water. It's water cooled.

The new Minn Kota model numbers have nothing to do with thrust power
rating.

The old Minn Kota model numbers DID coincide with thrust rating-
because I have a 2002 Cabelas catalog here, and practically every Minn
Kota motor in there, the model number = the thrust in lbs, listed side
by side in charts, about 20 different motors.

But there is no model 85 listed.

So I called Minn Kota 1-800 number, they said it's a 12 volt unit with
36 lb. thrust, made in 1984.