Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default Butt joint Mast?

Wayne.B wrote:

On 7 Jul 2006 05:25:51 -0700, "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

Boy, do you have a deep bilge. What the heck do you draw if the keel
starts 7 feet under water???

It starts 7 feet under the deck, which is hopefully well above water.

Our boats draw either 5' or 6.5' and I am math challenged so Wayne is
right - the part of the mast that is inside the cabin is about 7'
(down to the cabin sole but not including the bilge, which is pretty
deep). I think the deck is maybe 5' above the water? Don't remember
exactly. In any case the top of our mast is 58' above the waterline,
but part of that is the antennas on top.