Skip Gundlach Skip Gundlach is offline

Default Butt joint Mast?

Rosalie B. wrote:

Most of our masts were either 56 feet or 65 feet above the waterline,
and they were keel stepped so you need to add another 7 feet or so
onto that.

Boy, do you have a deep bilge. What the heck do you draw if the keel
starts 7 feet under water???

FWIW, my "keel stepped" mast is actually on a steel I-beam, supported
by another fiberglassed huge wood beam and web supports to the side.
The base of the mast is probably 2' below the waterline or so, there's
a 33" depth reach to the bottom, which I expect is where the keel
(ballast) actually is, and however big the keel (ballast encapsulated)
actually is makes up our depth which I expect when we splash will be
about 6-6.

L8R

Skip