Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Golf Cart batteries

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 02:24:30 GMT, Jim wrote:

Sam's Club usually has them for about $50 each plus a $5 core charge
if you do not have an old battery (any type) to give them. Dollar for
dollar these are the cheapest batteries you can get unless you have a
wholesale source. I've got 8 of Sam's batts on my trawler.

What is the amp rating on your batteries?

I've learned there's three levels of batteries. And lots of different
prices.

I believe they are rated at 220 Amp-Hours, 20 amp rate. Mine have
been going strong for over a year which includes about 7 months of
liveaboard cruising while powering a large inverter.

One of the best things about 6 volt golf cart batts other than cost
effectiveness is ease of replacement. They weigh less than 60 lbs
each, much easier than horsing an 8D on and off the boat and into
position.

Rolls, Surette and Trojan all make good batteries but you will pay a
lot more for them. If I were cruising around the world and could not
get replacements along the way, that is what I'd be using.