Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default How much Tow Coverage/Incident do you carry?

JimH wrote:
What level of coverage/incident do you carry with you boat tow company?

After this last incident I am raising mine (through Boat/US) to
$500/incident for a total annual cost of $89.

Same here. In the waterways where we boat most of the time, it's
usually no more than several miles to one sort of port or another and
$500 is adequate. The one time I have ever needed towing was after our
old engine hydrolocked, and that half-day tow job from Roche Harbor to
Anacortes did cost a bit more than the $500.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the price of towing up
substantially this year due to the additional overhead attributed to
fuel price$. Knock on wood- I hope to not find out first hand just what
towing prices have gone up to in the last couple of years.