posted to rec.boats.electronics
Keith Keith is offline

Default Shakespeare 2050 TV Antenna

Yea, take it back and get your money back before it's too late. They
are worthless POS's. Forget the interference problem... if you have a
recent one, that won't be an issue.

With mine, It would never reliably rotate when you wanted it to, but it
would whenever it felt like it. I would have it pointed where I wanted,
and it would just turn itself on and rotate to it's stop, one way or
another. The remote wouldn't turn it back. I went through something
like three wireless remotes and an older wired remote... none of them
worked. Nothing like watching your signal fade out while the antenna
pointed wherever it wanted and there was nothing you could do about it.
I threw the POS in the trash... total waste of money. I was so ****ed I
didn't even want to bother trying to return it. I talked to
Shakespeare's tech service more times than I could count. They actually
referred me to the company who made the antenna for them.

It's a great idea that just doesn't work in that format. Get a good
omnidirectional, or if you're really interested in TV, get DirecTV and
a follow-me TV unit.