posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.electronics
Chuck Jurgens Chuck Jurgens is offline

Default Merc 200 OB won't start

I have a 2002 Merc OB. Have never had a problem with it.

Went for a ride the other night. It started fine. As I was cruising along
The dash lights and radio would cut out for an instant and there would be a
shrill beep - much less than a second. Then, everything would come back on.
The engine didn't even sputter.

Today, I went for a ride. Again, it started fine. I stopped and got gas
and when I tried to start the engine nothing happened. The started would
not engage, the choke would not engage. The running lights and depth finder
work OK.

Battery is good and terminals are tight. Removed kill switch wires and
jumpered them together but that didn't help. Got plenty of oil. All fuses
are OK. No observable loose or broken wires.

Is there a site where I can find a wiring diagram for the Merc 200?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chuck