Al Deveron Al Deveron is offline

Default What kind of small craft would fit this need?

On 3 Jul 2006 12:00:49 -0700, "Adrianne" wrote:

I agree, I don't feel safe in an inflatable either. I have a 14 ft
aluminum, with a 9.9 outboard, and it's heavier than I'd like. Dad
used to have a 2 or 3 horse on his 14" aluminum, and he'd load it in
the back of his truck if he wanted. I have a small fiberglass that's
about 4" long, hand made. Perhaps someone could make you a dingy to
fit.
Adrianne

I have a 2hp outboar motor which I use on my canoe. It would be nice
if I can use the same motor on the next boat.

The main problem with the canoe (as far as I can tell) is the flat
bottom and the low gunwales. Those features seem to make it unsuited
to the choppy waters I frequently encounter.

I'd like to get something that my 2hp motor will be adequate for. I
was thinking perhaps a sailing dinghy hull (without the mast and
sails...)

Al Deveron