Capt. JG

Default Dry Ice Box?

"cavelamb" wrote in message
nk.net...
Chris Newport wrote:
cavelamb wrote:

Anyone out there use dry ice for refrigeration?

I want to keep the cooler cooler longer.

Hmmmm - Carbon dioxide in a boat.
Darwin removes any idiots who try this from the gene pool, hopefully
before they breed and produce more idiots.

oh for Pete Sakes!

Stash an apple in the cooler, Chris.

Haven't you ever had a carbonated apple?

Richard

An apple is quite different from attempting to cool steaks, beers, etc.
Also, it'll probably be colder, but the dry ice may not last much longer.
Perhaps in an above-decks cooler would be better and safer. I sail on a boat
that has that arrangement. Perhaps a combination of dry ice and regular ice
above decks might be worth an experiment.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com