Glenn Ashmore

Default Dry Ice Box?

Dry ice will keep it colder but not necessarily any longer. The latent heat
of sublimation of dry ice (246BTU/lb) is about 170% that of water ice
(144BTu/lb) (actually heat of fusion) but at the colder temperature the heat
movement through the sides of the cooler will be more than twice as fast.

For safety sake the cooler should not be stowed below deck which can also
add to the heat load.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"cavelamb" wrote in message
news

Anyone out there use dry ice for refrigeration?

I want to keep the cooler cooler longer.

A couple pounds of dry ice seems like a good idea,
but how to use it?

Mix with wet ice?

Or keep separate?

Richard