posted to rec.boats.paddle
Joanne

Default Dumb question: which side of paddle faces me as I paddle(picture)?

"John Fereira" wrote in message
.. .
I see a lot of that too. It's usually used by someone sitting in the
kayak
as if it's a lounge chair. Their PFD is either being used as a backrest
or
is stuck under the deck bungies. Their feet dangling over the sides of
the
boat is optional, yet for some reason the paddler often is wearing gloves
and has a paddle leash.

Had to laugh at this vision. On a group trip in the Louisiana swamps, a guy
was as described above: butt in seat, feet on front of kayak. You know
what I was thinking: this is the guy who will end up in the soup. Sure
enough, he tried to reposition himself to get his legs into the boat so he
could power stroke his way through some shallow, weedy stuff and ended up in
the mud up to his waist. His boat was full of mud and so was he. He
smelled lovely.