posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

Default Capturing NEMA Data from a GPS

"Larry" wrote in message
Ed Henderson wrote in news:12a5n1g4svc5o38

Turn off your nav software in the computer and boot up Window's dumb
terminal program, Hyperterminal. You access it from START - Programs -
Accessories - Communications and you'll find it in that group.

I wouldn't recommend using hyperterminal. It has some weird bug in it,
resulting in an error message "cannot open port" or something similar when
the port you are trying to open is already receiving data.
Try and find TeraTerm (free) on the net or use my multiplexer configuration
program, which has a feature to save incoming NMEA data to a file. And all
the com port settings are already done, just select port and speed.
This program can be downloaded he
http://www.shipmodul.com/downloads/mpxconfig2.20.zip

Meindert