posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Glen \Wiley\ Wilson

Default how to overcome toilet line stink?

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:31:11 -0400, wrote:

The line from my toilet runs under the bed, through the rear wall
(transom?) of the interior and into a tank in the engine compartment.
Recently I've removed the walls from around the bottom of the bed,
and now the stink from the hose is much more noticable. It's a white
plastic hose and you can see that there is wire reinforcement within.
Is there something I can wrap the hose in, or any other methods to
reduce the amount of smell that gets out through the hose?

Thanks,
David

I've had some success with a product called Febreeze, usually found
with laundry or carpet cleaning products. It's made to eliminate pet
odors, etc. Sprayed on the outside of the hose, it seems to
neutralize the odor temporarily. YMMV, but I tried it several months
ago and the odor still hasn't come back. I'm sure it's not a
permanent solution though.
Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at world wide wiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at
http://www.worldwidewiley.com/