JimH

Default Boating magazines

"Jim" wrote in message
nk.net...
There's been too much discussion of trolling and net nannying lately.
Here's an opportunity go get back on topic and discuss boating. Here's a
few questions to get the ball rolling.

Boating magazines:
Why do we buy them?

No.

Do we rely on them to make buying decisions?

No.

Do we expect honest reviews of boats and gear on their pages?

Depends on the publication, but generally no.

Do we get honest reviews of boats and gear on their pages?

Depends on the publication, but generally no.

Do advertisers influence magazine content (other than their ads)?

Again, it depends on the publication but generally yes.

Do some manufacturers bribe publication personnel to get favorable press?

Possible. Payola. Gifts. Reduced prices. Who knows for sure.

Jim