Reginald P. Smithers III

Default Boating magazines

Harry Krause wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
s of this particular product.

You're reading the wrong magazine. Try Passagemaker. It *reviews*
boats and brings up the good, the bad, and the ugly?

Does the magazine sell ad space to boat builders and boat products? I
would read any review of any boat or product with a very jaded eye. I
have read Passagemaker a number of years ago, and it was a great
magazine with some great articles, but I can't remember one product
review where they said a product was an inferior product to brand x.
The good the bad and the ugly I remember were minor little tweaks the
author would like to see improved, but overall they always think it is
one hell of a boat or product for a certain segment of the market.

At $38 per year or about $4.50 a copy, the publisher is not making his
money from the subscription sales.

Things might have changed since I read the mag, but it seems like a
bad business model for a publishing company.

Since you have no admitted area of expertise, the only judgment I can
make on your pronouncements is that they are worthless.

I didn't realize this thread was about my area of expertise. I thought
it was about individuals opinions concerning boating magazine and their
"reviews" of new boats and products.

Jim was wondering about how much weight individuals place on the info
provided in boating magazines. I really thought my position would go
unchallenged, but you have a different opinion, so that is good.

Do you find all of the product reviews in Passagemaker to be completely
unbiased without any concern towards the advertising dollars paid by the
mfg'er?

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it!