Reginald P. Smithers III

Default Boating magazines

Harry Krause wrote:
s of this particular product.

You're reading the wrong magazine. Try Passagemaker. It *reviews* boats
and brings up the good, the bad, and the ugly?

Does the magazine sell ad space to boat builders and boat products? I
would read any review of any boat or product with a very jaded eye. I
have read Passagemaker a number of years ago, and it was a great
magazine with some great articles, but I can't remember one product
review where they said a product was an inferior product to brand x. The
good the bad and the ugly I remember were minor little tweaks the author
would like to see improved, but overall they always think it is one hell
of a boat or product for a certain segment of the market.

At $38 per year or about $4.50 a copy, the publisher is not making his
money from the subscription sales.

Things might have changed since I read the mag, but it seems like a bad
business model for a publishing company.

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it!