posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
cramersec

Default comment to rescue please

The only justification I could see for at least part of this is if the
swimmer is underdressed for the water temperature and needs to get out.
Why they drag a hull--full of water! It doesn't get emptied until step
3-- over the rescuer's lap and why the rescuee couldn't get back in
with the boat in the water, I have no idea.

At first i thought maybe having the swimmer on your deck could help you
pull the boat up if it were loaded, but i don't think even the two of
them could pick up a loaded boat like that. And if weight is the issue,
why not dump it first?

Also looks like a nice way to slice a skirt.

Steve

steen bondo wrote:
Hi there,

http://kayakparadise.dk/gfx/image006.jpg

Could I have a few comments to this rescue, please. I'll keep my own
opinion to myself just now. It's supposed to be a roughwater-rescue.