Default Boating magazines

Jim wrote:
: There's been too much discussion of trolling and net nannying lately. Here's
: an opportunity go get back on topic and discuss boating. Here's a few
: questions to get the ball rolling.

: Boating magazines:
: Why do we buy them?
: Do we rely on them to make buying decisions?
: Do we expect honest reviews of boats and gear on their pages?
: Do we get honest reviews of boats and gear on their pages?
: Do advertisers influence magazine content (other than their ads)?
: Do some manufacturers bribe publication personnel to get favorable press?
: Jim

I subscribe mainly to Trailer Boats Magazine.

I read it for technical articles, human interes artles and to
vicariously "boat" when I'm not boating. I also have a subscription
to Hal Schell's (RIP) Bay and Delta Yachtsman magazine. I don't
own a yacht but it has good, interesting articles on the California
Delta areas.

Buying decisions... probably not. I usually only find positive
comments in the reviews and they're a bit biased although still
interesting.

b.