posted to rec.boats.electronics
David&Joan

Default Grounding C70 Plotter/Radar

Yes, it is essentially that simple. Raymarine would prefer that a dedicated
ground be run to your boats main grounding lug, but my last three installs
and I suspect 99.9% of others just connect it as you describe.

David

"Force Majeure" wrote in message
oups.com...
I hope that this is a simple question to answer. My Raymarine manual
says to attach the 12V power cable's braided sheathing that surrounds
the positive and negative wires to the "boat's earth/ground". I
assume that this is for interference (RF) reasons. Is this as simple
as connecting the sheathing to the negative side of the powerbus (along
with the negative wire)? In otherwords, do the sheathing and (-) wire
both connect to the common 12V ground bus?

Thanks.