posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Peter Clinch

Default comment to rescue please

steen bondo wrote:

http://kayakparadise.dk/gfx/image006.jpg

Could I have a few comments to this rescue, please. I'll keep my own
opinion to myself just now. It's supposed to be a roughwater-rescue.

I've done quite a few practises but have never had this one suggested.
The only extent the swimmer climbs onto the rescuers kayak as I've tried
it is as an aide in getting back into their own boat directly. Seems
rather less contrived.

Though we've emptied the boats I take Keith's point about weight. We
don't load the boats before going swimming in the local harbour, so next
time I'll have to see how well it works to just get back in and get
pumping with the rescuer rafter alongside for stability.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK