Jeff

Default Garmin ETrex ,, question, recommendation, etc

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
Anyone use the ETrex? I was in Hamilton Marine in Portland yesterday ....
where were you Roger?

The salesman said he has been selling a ton of these ETrex hand helds ..
they are small though.

What are your opinions?

I use the cheap one as a backup - its handy to take ashore with a
waypoint set back at the anchorage. You never know when it will get
too foggy to find your boat! I suppose the more featured one is
nicer, but the screen is a bit too small for me.

Nice weather up thar in Maine ,, that is if you like rain, fog, and ick.

You can find that in Boston - we just blew past the 2 month record for
rain, not including yesterday and today - and there's still a week to go!