Alan Gomes

Default Yanmar 1GM10

"Roger Long" wrote in message
It's not what I thought it might me. The other reply pretty well covers
it.

You need to either start taking it apart or have someone look at it.

--

Roger Long

"Shawnews" wrote in message
Hi Roger

Not on the pump housing where the impeller is. It looks like a designed
hole, sort of oblong with rounded corners, on the narrow part of the pump
housing shaft area that drives the impeller. I am assuming the water is
coming from the housing between the impeller and drive shaft seal, then
runs along the shaft and dropping through the hole.

Thanks

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Do you mean the hole where the shaft that drives the impeller goes into
the engine or a small hole on top of the pump housing?

--

Roger Long

"Shawnews" wrote in message
Good morning

I hope someone can help with an annoying problem.
I have a Yanmar 1GM10 inboard on my small sailing boat. It runs really
well. Recently I had it serviced, oil changed etc. including replacing
the impeller.

It has had a salt water leak for many years before I owned the boat. I
have only owned the vessel for 2 years.

The salt water is coming through the impeller housing, and dripping
from the designed hole between the impeller and the engine. I sense
this is where the engine shaft goes through to drive the impeller. It
is not coming from a gasket - that would be too easy! I did not see
what the seal is like where the shaft enters the area of the impeller.
Is there a replaceable seal there? Will it need a new impeller
housing? I hope not. No gaskets are leaking at all. He put on a new
gasket when he replaced the impeller.

I would appreciate any information you may have in this regard.

Many thanks

Depco Pump may be able to help. www.depco-pump.com.

--Alan Gomes