posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Joe

Default Seasickness

Steve Thrasher wrote:
Scotty wrote:

The only time I felt queasy was anchored in a storm, closed
up cabin, with an alcohol stove cooking spaghetti. Not a
good combination.

In 1957 my dad was assigned to Hickam AFB. We drove to San Francisco
and boarded a WWII US Navy troop transport, refurbished slightly. For
our first meal out, just after passing under the Golden Gate and
catching some swells, was "Split Pea Soup". Wonderful stuff, green and
slopping about in the waves.

Wuss.. Green pea will settle the stomach.... to bland, Coonass fish
head and rice soup, now thats the ticket. The Greasy pork
chops....thats a standard. Bacon works good too! Top things off with a
nice Cigar...once you get the weak ones blowing chunks the rest are
easy.

It also helps if you make wall paper for the head by printing this 100
times:

http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/o/image...circeye_lg.jpg

Joe
;o)