posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Steve Thrasher

Default Seasickness

Scotty wrote:

The only time I felt queasy was anchored in a storm, closed
up cabin, with an alcohol stove cooking spaghetti. Not a
good combination.

In 1957 my dad was assigned to Hickam AFB. We drove to San Francisco
and boarded a WWII US Navy troop transport, refurbished slightly. For
our first meal out, just after passing under the Golden Gate and
catching some swells, was "Split Pea Soup". Wonderful stuff, green and
slopping about in the waves. All of this in front of Men/Women/Children
who've never been to sea before. The second course, for those who still
remained, was "Fried Pork Chops" swimming in it's grease. Damn, those
Navy cooks had a real sense of humor! :-)