posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
DSK

Default Seasickness

"Scotty" wrote:
I have a non-boating friend who's going on a cruise next
week. He's concerned about seasickness. I told him ginger is
a good cure. I bought him a box of Ginger Snaps ( more for a
joke ). Should he start munching on these before he steps
onboard or wait till / if he feels bad?

Wait at least until the boat starts rocking, but not
necessarily until that old queasy feeling sets in.

Ginger ale also works nicely, although if you overdo it, the
carbonation is bad.

"Wayne.B" wrote
The one remedy which works for just avout everyone and is clinically
proven:

http://www.prevent-motion-sickness-scopolamine.com/

Yeah but they have side effects.

Capt. JG wrote:
The patches work for me, but they make me unusually thirsty... more than I
can stand, sort of like feeling that I've been marching in desert
conditions, so I don't use them.

Plus they can give you a hangover worse than tequila. And it
seems to hit some people really hard, I went on a charter
trip with a girl years ago who was practically in a coma
from her scopolamine patches. She slept for 40 hours
straight and it took over a week to get out of her system.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King