posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Frank Boettcher

Default Seasickness

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:43:54 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote:

I have a non-boating friend who's going on a cruise next
week. He's concerned about seasickness. I told him ginger is
a good cure. I bought him a box of Ginger Snaps ( more for a
joke ). Should he start munching on these before he steps
onboard or wait till / if he feels bad?

SBV

Ironically, yesterday I was looking up an old episode of Myth Busters
(Does pickup truck tail gate down increase mileage) and ran across
their session on sea sickness remedies. Ginger was the only thing
they tried that did work. Not sure if there is any benefit to taking
it early but I think it works even after you start to feal queasy.
Most use tablets with water.

Course if you're bloated with cookies when you go aboard......

No personal experience. Have never been sea sick, although slightly
queasy when a diesel leak put some raw diesel in the bilge.

Frank