posted to rec.boats.paddle
!Jones

Default Drag devices

On 21 Jun 2006 07:41:02 -0700, in rec.boats.paddle "Oci-One Kanubi"
wrote:

Forgive me for not answering your actual question, but (perhaps you
might experiment with this suggestion in a strong wind under
otherwise-controlled conditions):

Actually, it's "bang on" my topic. I get the impression that the drag
device isn't in common usage.

The other issue that presented itself in the middle of it all was that
my stoker lacked the upper body strength to pull herself into the
boat. She's in good physical shape; however, handicaps make it
doubtful that she ever *will* do the push-up. For this reason, we
shall stay in calm water; however, we will need to develop a wet entry
technique and practice it. I'm thinking of some kind of a stirrup
where she could get her leg involved.

Jones