Bob D.

Default engine mount repair help

In article .net,
"Lawrence James" wrote:

I made replacement stringers from that new composite deck material. My
engine mounts were ajacent to the stringers. The wood inside the engine
mounts was pretty soft but I just drilled holes down into then from the top.
Fed an air line of a compressor set to about 15lbs into it for a few days to
dry it. Then poured thinned epoxy into it multiple times until it wouldn't
take any more.

How did that work for you James? How many and how big were the holes?
Was the compressor hose sealed into the hole? What type of boat was this
on? Did you use CPES?