posted to rec.boats.paddle
Sees-koo-wee-hah-nay

Default Drag devices

!Jones wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:11:25 -0400, in rec.boats.paddle Steve Cramer
wrote:

1. Get some training. It's unclear if you are new kayakers or only a new
tandem team, but you should learn to deal with wind and waves in a safe
location that doesn't require Coasties.
2. Pay better attention to conditions
3. Don't go out as a single boat.

Thank you for the lecture.

snip

Now, an unsolicited lectu If you don't wish to fight incessant
flame wars, then refrain from giving out unsolicited lectures. While
what you say is perfectly valid and nobody in their right mind would
argue otherwise, it comes across as pedantic and patronizing.

It would have helped to have included this tidbit in your original post
if you didn't want a lecture.

"It was a Coast Guard sponsored training session held with a lifeboat
standing by".

Anyone else have a vison of the Coast Guard being called for a rescue
when they read the original post? I know I did.