supsand

Default Please Help Fix My Mistake

The camera can't capture it even with the flash off. Got too much
reflection even in the shade.

Sounds like you just dulled the surface finish. Not hard to restore.

I'm hoping this is correct. I didn't scrub down very far because I
stopped when I kept getting so much black paint. The strip is about 5
inches high going back about 2 feet from the tip of the bow. The wax
did help but it is definately duller than the rest of boat and has
little scratch marks in it like the compound actually scratched it even
though I followed the instructions.

So where do I go from here? I assume I need to get that 3M wax off. My
search showed alot of praise for Zaino and that I should wash the boat
down with Dawn to remove old wax first. Some prefer traditional wax. I
don't mind doing the entire boat since like I said it's been outside
for a year.

Yeah.... dummy.....

I guess I did ask for that. I may be new to this particular forum but
I've been in much tougher rooms ... I can take it!!