posted to rec.boats.building
Brian D

Default 350 V8 penta engine full of water after winter (Won't move)

We had that happen on a car's V8 once when it was left over winter without
spark plugs in it. The motor froze up pretty good, including the
distributor shaft. We got it freed up and replaced the distributor, but it
burned oil like heck after that. Ended up disassembling, honing out the
cylinders, replacing the rings, valves, and valve guides. It was fine after
that.

Brian D

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message
"T-Rav" wrote in message
ups.com...

Thank you for all your help. I would like you to know that I have taken
the pan off, soaked the the cylinders and with some rocking it back and
fourth, I have freed the engine. I can now turn it almost by hand. No
sign of any rust in the cylinders. I am replacing the oil pump and will
put it back together. Any extra advise at this point?

Check the compression and fire it up on the driveway before you make the
effort to re-install it...

But don't waste too much time or you will run out of summer.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com