posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dennis Pogson

Default Waterproof Screens

Phil Stanton wrote:
Sorry for delay in replying. Using my Laptop for navigation yet
again. Worn out from going up and down companionway to view screen.
Allegedly Vasari Technology Ltd (http://www.vasari.net/) are going to
produce it, but in spite of a number of veryy affable conversations,
they are not there yet

Phil
wrote in message
. ..

Even if daylight-viewable waterproof screens were readily available, and
reasonably-priced, you would still have to use the laptop in a safe place
down below, so what is the point? I prefer to use my Garmin Map60C with the
same charts as my laptop so that they are identical and I can pocket the
Garmin when going up on deck. Admittedly the screen size makes it difficult
for actual navigation, but at least I have a display of sorts, and the
Bluecharts are as good as any other charts.