posted to rec.boats.electronics
Phil Stanton

Default Waterproof Screens

Sorry for delay in replying. Using my Laptop for navigation yet again. Worn
out from going up and down companionway to view screen.
Allegedly Vasari Technology Ltd (http://www.vasari.net/) are going to
produce it, but in spite of a number of veryy affable conversations, they
are not there yet

Phil
wrote in message
. ..

Phil: can you give us the name of the company that is to put out the
purported "affordable" sunlight viewable screen?

Gary

Phil Stanton wrote:
Thanks to all who have contributed. I went to the boat show, and there
appears to be one coming out in February at a reasonably sensible price.
I'll believe it when I see it

Phil

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message

Phil Stanton wrote:

Can anybody point me in the direction of a 12" sunlight viewable,
waterproof screen to work from the external VGA port on my Laptop. I
want
to be able to see my navigation software at the helm as well as at the
chart table.
Thanks

A quick google for "marine display" will bring you a lot of hits, here
are
a few:

http://www.argonautcomputer.com/displays_tflex.htm
http://www.nauticomp.com/
http://www.navstore.com/marina_displays.asp

To run it off of a PC you'll want to get a touchscreen model. Anyone
that
says "I don't need that, I'm only going to look at it..." has not been
there. And anyone that says "I'll use a cordless (name any human
interface device)..." has not tried it yet.

I've been around some good sunlight displays and have not seen a good
one
yet that was not about the same price as buying a good chart plotter.
For
what you spend for a good 12-15" display you can buy a Raymarine C120
and
some chart chips.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)

From - Mon

Have a look here to this french supl.
http://www.oceandatasystem.com/panas_ecran.html